Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Are Fine Wine Lovers Snobs?

If you google "snob definition" Webster says: A person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people: "a wine snob".
Is there some implication being made here by Webster? 
Are they picking on us wine people?
I never thought of myself as a snob, but, I bet there are people out there who do - simply because I love wine.
Well, I guess there's not much I can do about what other people think. 
Wine Spectator editor Tim Fish wrote about wine snobs in his blog and he made this insightful comment: "There's an easy way to tell when you're dealing with snobs: They spend more time telling you what not to drink than offering ideas on what you might like".
I'll go along with that.
So here's a great wine that I enjoyed this weekend with my family - something you might like:
2012 Chappellet Chardonnay
A rich, oaky/buttery style with loads of green apple, pear, peach and butterscotch. We didn't have this wine with our meal, but enjoyed it beforehand all by itself. 
It would, however, pair well with chicken, white fish and especially shell fish, like lobster.

Tom




No comments:

Post a Comment