Friday, July 11, 2014

Dog Days of Summer Wines

The "dog days" of summer are here.
Not the best of times for the wine business. Sometimes I think that the only ones thinking about wine right now are those of us in the industry.
It's all perfectly understandable.
It's HOT out there. People are taking vacations and going away on the weekends. 
Kids are home from school and need attention.
Beer takes on greater importance.
And on and on.
But I'm going to try and get you all to think about wine - even if it's for just a little while.
My dog day wines are light, crisp, refreshing, "smile inducing" and reasonably priced.
Here are five of my favorites. All available at Balaban's:
2013 Drylands Sauvignon Blanc - $15
2013 Sineann Pinot Grigio- $22
2013 Renegade Rose' - $14
2013 Meiomi Chardonnay - $22
2013 Saracco Moscato (slightly sweet bubbly) - $18
Even though I drink red wines in the summer, actually year round, I couldn't bring myself to select a red as a "summer" wine - it just wasn't working for me.

Have a great weekend!

Tom


Bad doggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment