Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Best Meal Ever? Could be.

I'm extremely fortunate to have a wife who's a great cook.
Last night was one of her finest efforts.
Now we've been married 37 years (give or take a few years), so that's really saying something.
So Judy goes to Bob's Seafood to get some fresh fish and comes home with the mother lode.
Crab meat, 3 variety's of oysters - 24 fricking oysters in total - salmon, char, trout and striped bass.
We decide on a meal of oysters on the half shell, crab cakes, corn on the cob and asparagus.
That's a lot of food.
So we asked our son Michael, who happens to be off on Monday, if he would like to join us.
Now I have an ulterior motive here.
My son happens to be a professional chef.
So he can shuck all those fricking oysters.
Everything is all set. Judy is cooking and Michael is shucking.
You may be asking yourself about now, "geez Tom, what are you doing, you deadbeat"?
I'm selecting, bringing, opening and drinking the wine. And frankly, I'm getting tired right now thinking about all that work that I had to do.
So here are the wines - available at Balabans, of course:
2010 Patrick Piuze Terroir de Fye' Chablis - $21 (Chardonnay from Chablis, France)
2010 Laporte "R" Sancerre - $31 (Sauvignon Blanc from Loire, France)

Tom

   

Oyster

Crab





1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Tom you poor thing......those are two of my favorite wines and I know they took a lot outta you!.......LOVE your stories!

    ReplyDelete