Tuesday, May 27, 2014

It's Official - I'm on a Rose' "Kick"

I wrote a blog earlier about Rose' wine, so it's no secret that I enjoy the style. But this Memorial Day weekend really got me going on Rose'. For me, this just might be the perfect wine to go with foods off the grill.
Now, I'm not suggesting Rose' with Filet Mignon or hearty/earthy fare, but for most holiday grilling it works just fine.
For example:
Saturday: brats, baked beans and coleslaw. The wine: 2013 La Manarine Cotes du Rhone Rose' - $16
Sunday: pork steaks, grilled veggies and corn on the cob. The wine: Domaine Caboche Vin de Pays Rose' - $12
Both wines were refreshing, had wonderful fruit yet had enough complexity and acidity to pair well with both meals.
And you drink Rose' cold so it works great as an aperitif before dining - especially on a hot summer day.
Both of these Roses happened to be French, but you can get Rose' from any wine producing country, including the USA.
And you can get Rose' from almost any red grape. I've had Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Syrah, Merlot, Sangiovese and Nebbiolo Rose', as well as many fine blends of these same grapes.
Ok. I'm done writing about Rose' for a while. But I'm certainly not done drinking it.
Maybe tonight ...

Tom




No comments:

Post a Comment